Proper Attire in the Bedroom

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
Janey Dal

Re: Proper Attire in the Bedroom

Post by Janey Dal » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:38 am

Yes Mike, I've heard of these strange unfortunate injuries.

Why bother to make an excuse? A&E staff have seen it and worse, many times! My theory is that if the cause of your injury makes you embarrassed in A&E you shouldn't be doing it in the first place! :lol: :lol:

It's a good standard to stick to. :lol: :lol:

Hugs

Jane xx

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:07 pm

Many years ago when I worked as a motor mechanic a vehicle came in with the gear lever stuck in a gear. Me putting great force on the level and the knob broke off in my hand. In breaking it off I managed to put a deep gash in the palm of my hand.

I got some funny looks at the hospital when I tried to explain my injury as happening when changing gear.

"My knob came off".

:)

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

On a serious note, Trumph Heralds were a bugger for gear levers coming away in your hand. People don't know they were born into an age when this sort of thing happened. Just as well, really, thank goodness :shock:

Post by 26.12.11 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:42 pm

Is saw a triumph herald today, it looked in good nick. Driver looked about 12.
Sharon

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:13 pm

:lol: :lol: @ Stuart!

I've never heard of that Mike! What on earth did you do if the gear level snapped :shock: :shock: .

If you had seen that driver in Middlesbrough Sharon - he would have been 12 !

Hugs

Jane xx

Foxysally

Post by Foxysally » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:51 pm

:lol: :lol:

My first car was an Austin Allegro (yes go on, laugh!) and bits used to routinely fall off and cascade down the road behind me as I drove along. Being young at the time, I never bothered to investigate what they were and just carried on driving. Bits of the interior trim used to regularly come off too. I was told at one mot that the engine was held on with one screw :D
Sarah

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:54 am

Had a Montego that the gearstick came away when on holiday in Blackpool .After many Triumphs Austin and Land rovers have come to the conclusion anything that can be traced back to the old British Leyland pedigree will always be suspect .
Paul

maz

Post by maz » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:26 am

paul.m wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:54 am
Had a Montego that the gearstick came away when on holiday in Blackpool .After many Triumphs Austin and Land rovers have come to the conclusion anything that can be traced back to the old British Leyland pedigree will always be suspect .
We had a Montego too. Loved it. It spoke to us which was unheard of back then. Told us there was ice outside among other things I can't remember. Do you remember them being called Montenogo :D ? I presume there must have been lots of problems, but ours was a good one until the talking bit started going wrong.
Marilyn

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:58 pm

Never heard of montenogo had 2 of them lovely cars never could understand the slagging they got . You must have had a posh one if it talked I had to listen to wife ( ex wife )
Maybe they should bring them back like they did with that heap of Italian junk Fiat 500 hated original but hate new one even more .The Mini was supposed to be a small car that's why it was called a Mini now they are far too big .
Paul

Post by 26.12.11 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:03 pm

A new mini is mini compared to modern cars
If you put my morris minor 4 door saloon beside a modern compact car it looks tiny, though length is only about 1 foot longer.
Uncle needs 13ft to fit into garage but Jag needs 16ft. Most compacts it a smidge over 14ft.
Most people wouldn't buy a car without cup holders now. Though Uncle gets round that by having pull out ashtrays on dash.
Uncle's original gear knob came of in my hand whilst doing the london to brighton run. Nipped into services and bought a universal modern one, could put him im 1st gear as knob was so wide it jammed against passenger seat. I paid to have new metal threads put in original
Sharon

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:49 am

Original Min was 3.05m long new Mini Cooper 4.253, increase of 1.203 m or almost 4 feet .

I recently wanted a new van nothing flash just start ,stop , turn corners , hold work gear .and a heater basically a moggy van would have been perfect .
What I ended up with is a van with air con , tells me when to change gear when oil wants changing ,traction control ,turbo the list goes on and a I have only had it 2 months less than 600 miles and 3 times had a warning light on to tell me diesel particle filter is blocked and its only 5 " longer than a new mini .
If it breaks down will need a laptop to find problem at least with old cars you stood a chance of getting it going at side of road with basic tool kit
Paul

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:00 am

I had one of the original Minis - she was called Fat Bertha :lol: :lol: . I cried when I had to sell her :oops: :oops: .

The new ones are far too big in my opinion. BMW have lost the spirit of the mini :roll: :cry: :cry: .

I agree with you Paul - new cars have no personality. I drove loads of different ones at work for a while and to be honest they were all more or less the same. I had a new Fiesta for a while (lease car through work) and it was BORING! Except it helpfully had a warning light to tell me when I was skidding (really useful :roll: :roll: ) and another one to tell me that the air bag had activated :lol: :roll: .

I suspect I my have been aware of that had it ever happened without the need for a light to tell me. Besides had the air bag ever activated I wouldn't have been able to see the warning light for the bag in my face :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: .

Hugs

Jane xx