Exeter Legal Walk

General Announcments
stevep
Site Admin

Exeter Legal Walk

Post by stevep » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi All,
We don't usually advertise on the forum, but from time to time I'm happy to bend my own rules for things close to my heart.
The charity Somerset Community Care Matters (SCCM) was formed by my mum and fellow forum member Brenda after the death of my brother Andrew as a result of complications arising from Pancreatitis.
They are doing a charity walk tomorrow, so, please forgive the post below and have a read.
Support if you feel you would like to!
Thanks. :-)
Steve

It Matters To Us!

SCCM provide free legal aid for the most vulnerable in our society.

If you were 90 and living in a care home, how would you feel about your son phoning you to say I’m going to end it all..... How would you cope knowing he needed mental health support? What would you be able to do?

If your friend or relative was seriously ill, discharge from hospital and died, would you feel there should have been a hospital discharge plan in place to see s/he was safe at home?

If you had mental health support and was beginning to feel better, would you want that support to stay in place until you were better, not discharged halfway through your recovery?

These are just some of the difficult matters that Somerset Community Care Matters deals with.

SCCM is taking part in the Exeter Legal Walk to raise funds for our organisation which provides free legal advice and support to some of the most vulnerable in our community.

Please support us!!!!!

Somerset Community Care Matters would like to invite you to walk with us! June 6th at 5:30pm in Exeter.
Please see details below and contact us on 01823 282538. See us at sccm.org.uk

By simply sponsoring us you will be helping to keep this important charity going!
You can by donate by using the link below for SCCM.

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/som ... arematters

Thank you.

maz

Re: Exeter Legal Walk

Post by maz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:24 am

Thanks Steve for letting us know. Worthy cause.
Marilyn