Nervous

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
lindylou

Nervous

Post by lindylou » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:43 am

Hi All,

I went back to work full time on July 1st......................that's the good part!!!!!

Since going back though I've been on an up and down roller coaster with my emotions and I feel a lot has been put on me in the last 5 weeks. (For those of you who haven't caught up with my situation in other posts I was doing some permitted work with DWP but after one of their medical assessments I received a letter saying I was fit for work..............something I knew would be said )

I've got a support and supervision meeting with the boss this afternoon.................um....if it doesn't get cancelled!!!!!! and yesterday I gave her a letter with all my thoughts and feeling written down in it. Well actually I left it in front of the computer before I went home as I was even to nervous to give it to her personally. :cry: I get very nervous and emotional when I try to talk about issues, usually end up crying and then can't get my point accross but I need to resolve the issues I've raised in the letter. I may be worrying about nothing but am nervous and anxious as to how things might go this afternoon.

I need some courage for this afternoon and I will let you all know how things go/went when I next get on here.

Linda

maz

Post by maz » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:31 am

Thinking of you Linda, and hope all goes well.

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:39 am

Hi Linda, hope everything goes OK for you at your meeting.

Don't be forced into a situation where you feel you have to resign. You have an illness, and where possible your employer should look at ways of helping you.

The symptoms you have, are classic depression problems that are associated with your illness. You really should seek help from your GP for it.

Stu :)

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:26 pm

I agree totally with Stuart Linda - get yourself to the doctor's before you make any decisions about work if you can.

Hugs

Jane xx

lindylou

Post by lindylou » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:45 pm

Hi Guys,

Well the meating went ahead and so did the collywobbles!

However things went a lot better than I expected they would and the issues I raised were resolved which is really what i wanted. Things were explained to me better when i pointed out to the boss that I had actually missed nine months of things that had gone on. Had nobody noticed I hadn't been in the building for some time????? Having talked things through with her I feel a whole lot better even if I don't agree with all her explanations, but that's the same in any workplace I suppose.

Without breaking confidentially issues we have agreed a strategy workwise and I feel more confident in being able to go back and talk to her now. I think, having been away for so long, I need to gain my confidence again and I'm working on that.

As for depression, I've had bouts before when I've let things get to much and not talked about it to bosses. This time I've knocked it on the head before it gets that far. As long as things improve now then I'll be fine. Believe me though guys I will be at the Docs if things get worse.

Thanks for the support.

Linda

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Good news Linda.

:)