Things that happen in lockdown

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
paul...m

Re: Things that happen in lockdown

Post by paul...m » Fri May 22, 2020 3:05 pm

Pleased John is getting better pity your not so good maz but get well soon .
Jane forget opticians do a Steptoe and nip down to undertakers there clients wont be needing them to see inside of box . Even better see if they will do a 2 for 1 and get a spare set of teeth ( if you don't need them now save them for later ).

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun May 24, 2020 11:23 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ Paul

I never thought of that!

Well I have to say Vision Express were brilliant. I rang them, they made an appointment for me on Saturday at 10.30 am. I had to have an eyetest because my prescription was out of date, so they did that for me - the optician was in full PPE.

I was even more delighted to find out I now get free NHS eyetests (marvellous being 60!). I ordered some new glasses and (sticking to my own advice) ordered a 2nd pair which were half price. I got these from the cheaper range as they are only intended as a spare pair.

They will still be 7 - 10 days to be ready but will be posted out to me. I am hoping that as the opticians will be quieter they may take less time to come given that my current glasses are stuck together with a mahussive piece of masking tape :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: and I look slightly insane whilst wearing them :lol: :lol: . Luckily as I only wear them for driving and the TV I may get away with not having to wear them in public :lol: :lol: . I do wear them for the Tuesday evening meeting at work, but may decide to either squint a lot or open myself up to public ridicule and we usually don’t have the meeting after a Bank holiday so I may just get sorted by the skin on my teeth :lol: :lol: .

Hugs

Jane xx

paul..m

Post by paul..m » Thu May 28, 2020 3:43 pm

When I was at school kids with glasses had those round national health ones blue for boys pink for girls usually stuck with sellotape on arms . I have had free eye tests for years mentioned mum's glycoma and that was that bargain eye tests not that it saved a lot .
Paul

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat May 30, 2020 11:36 am

I’m still waiting for my glasses but have created much hilarity at work showing them my current pair. Alan managed to find a VERY old pair of my previous glasses with one arm missing. Well they seemed better than the ones with the masking tape all over them, only to find that the cushions for the nose bits were also missing so they were too painful to wear. :lol: :lol:

I ask myself why I ever kept them really? :lol: :lol:

Never mind I have hit the dizzy heights of the generation that own a spare pair of glasses :oops: :oops: .

I remember those awful NHS glasses. Poor kids!

My daughter has made us all some fabric masks which are fab. On my request she has made one for me with a smile on it :lol: .

It’s cool!

Hugs

Jane xx

paul 28

Post by paul 28 » Sat May 30, 2020 1:55 pm

Prob first smile Alan has seen from you in ages .

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun May 31, 2020 11:03 am

And that’s how it should be! I don’t want him to think I’m satisfied in any way :lol: :lol: .

Today we went to Halfords - the excitement! I HATE that shop with a vengeance. It is the single most boring shop in the whole world and Alan likes to spend ages in there perusing things that nobody wants :shock: :shock: .

I had to drive him though because he still can’t drive with his poorly leg so there was no choice. Imagine my delight then when they had set it up a bit like a market stall where you had to go to the front door and ask for what you wanted and they went and got it for you. No perusing! The joy! :D :D .

paul...m

Post by paul...m » Sun May 31, 2020 1:31 pm

Lucky for Alan ours is still not open

maz

Post by maz » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:03 am

Jane, that made me laugh, sorry Alan. It is like me taking John to B&Q and the same thing happening. :lol: :lol:
Marilyn

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:46 am

Oh B&Q :roll: :roll: .

My dad, bless him, could go in there and spend hours looking at screws. When I was a kid I was bored rigid :lol: :lol: .

So today I finally received my glasses and could throw the masking taped ones in the bin. Imagine my confusion when I only received one pair when I’d ordered two.

I rang up Vision Express and he advised me that the other pair were on their way. He actually said twice they were manifested for delivery - manifested? Eh? And why would you send them separately? My problem now is that the cheaper pair and the main pair were similar. I don’t think I’ll be able to tell the difference :lol: :lol: .

paul...m

Post by paul...m » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:59 pm

Try scratching the lenses good ones shouldn't scratch so scratched ones will be cheap pair

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:37 am

Well they will be after I’ve scratched them :lol: .

paul..m

Post by paul..m » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:30 am

Did you try it first lol
Paul

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:28 am

Glasses all received and safely ensconced on nose :D

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:41 pm

We’ve been discussing at work this week some of the ludicrous application of the ‘rules’:

I saw one man in town last week, out in the open air, all on his own, wearing his mask over his mouth but not his nose :lol:
People wearing face masks in their car all on their own :roll:
People wearing face masks in their car with a passenger (either they are cheating or they are in the same bubble and if the same bubble, no need) :D
A one way ONLY system in a very wide local shopping mall where if they had adopted a dual carriageway system it would be fine. However, it means if you want to visit a shop you missed you have to walk all the way round again. :roll:

I’m sure there are more!

Hugs

Jane x

paul...m

Post by paul...m » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:43 am

Wearing a mask in car prob got wind and tried to stop smell