Things that happen in lockdown

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
maz

Re: Things that happen in lockdown

Post by maz » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:26 am

I really think there are a lot of people just not doing what they have been asked to do. They are upping the death total sadly by not doing the right thing. I can understand people are fed up now, that is one of the reasons they didn't want to start the lockdown too soon. But in the grand scheme of things it is a short time we are being asked to stay home and not mix households. People can have the virus and not have symptoms, so they can pass it on to more vulnerable people and not know it was them who did it. They will blame everyone else, but oh no, it won't be those those who didn't keep to the 'rules'.
Marilyn

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:29 pm

It is infuriating isn’t it?

The thing is that if it were only their risk then that is up to them, but if they then spread it due to their selfishness that’s another matter.

And what about it they end up in hospital and the NHS staff have to look after them? Don’t they GET that people are dying? :evil: .

I did say at the beginning of all this that is was a shame it was targeting older people ad not stupid people but I suppose stupid people are targeting themselves.

And Trump and his suggestion of injecting or ingesting detergent? There are no words ................

Hugs

Jane xx

maz

Post by maz » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:33 am

Janey Dal wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:29 pm

And Trump and his suggestion of injecting or ingesting detergent? There are no words ................

Hugs

Jane xx
But it was only a joke Jane, just a joke he said :roll: :evil:
Marilyn

maz

Post by maz » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:40 am

Janey Dal wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:29 pm
It is infuriating isn’t it?

The thing is that if it were only their risk then that is up to them, but if they then spread it due to their selfishness that’s another matter.

And what about it they end up in hospital and the NHS staff have to look after them? Don’t they GET that people are dying? :evil: .

I did say at the beginning of all this that is was a shame it was targeting older people ad not stupid people but I suppose stupid people are targeting themselves.

Hugs

Jane xx
Thing is Jane, if the non compliant(stupid) ones are at the younger end of the age range, they might just get a mild dose, or even have no symptoms to know they have the virus. But they can be passing it on to more vulnerable people down the line, including their own elderly relatives. You can't get the death rate right down if people are not doing what they are told, and there are quite a few people in this country don't like being 'told' what they should be doing. They won't blame themselves if their beloved grannie dies will they?
Marilyn

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:15 pm

I live in an apartment block occupied by over 55’s. I’ve seen plenty of folk ignoring the rules. It isn’t just the young.

maz

Post by maz » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:26 am

You are correct there Mike. I would think in some of the retirement villages in Florida there are lots of parties, barbecues, gatherings going on. Though I'm not sure anyone gave an age for the naughty people on here, young or old. The 2 grandmas and 1 grandad we see mixing with their family are all over 70. Thinking of your over 55's apartment block, don't these oldies realise they are in the most vulnerable category age wise and probably comorbidity wise? Maybe they feel safe if they have not seen anyone from the outside for a while. So thinking nobody has caught the virus, must be okay to mix??

At a beauty spot in the Yorkshire Dales there were over 60 fines handed out over the weekend. One family had gone from Kent! The police officer said their sense of entitlement set in when she asked them to go home, and then she faced abuse. She said she had never had such bad abuse from drunks outside nightclubs in the past. One guy spit on the floor in front of her(I would give him another fine for that) and another hurled abuse in front of his children. The locals just do not want them going at all. I would think they only have to wait a couple more weeks before they get more freedom, so why try and look for all the loopholes you can just do what YOU want to?
Marilyn

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat May 02, 2020 3:41 pm

The point is as well that these ‘beauty spots’ are often remote and therefore there is not the infrastructure to deal with huge numbers of patients being admitted to hospital.

I would personally be happy if the police were to Taser them. That would make them think twice. It’s a pity the prisons are so full as well, they could be locked up for a while for attempted murder or ABH! A bit harsh perhaps but it may be the only thing that stops the eejits.

You can only hope that they do catch it and feel really ill with it.

:twisted: :twisted:

Hugs

Jane xx

paul...m

Post by paul...m » Sun May 03, 2020 5:30 am

If they want to go to the country side send them to a farmers slurry pit a quick dunking then months of trying to get rid of smell from car from ride home to remind them they are idiots

maz

Post by maz » Sun May 03, 2020 9:16 am

Oh you two :lol: :lol:
Marilyn

maz

Post by maz » Sun May 03, 2020 9:19 am

I think more and more people are beginning to abuse the lockdown 'rules' from what I have seen in reports. Thing is if they do catch it who will they blame? Not themselves for sure.
Marilyn

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun May 03, 2020 11:31 am

That’s my worry about the younger generation -not all of them obviously, but a huge number of them - they take no responsibility for anything.

One of the hardest things to learn in life is that it is better to ‘fess up when you have got it wrong but they just blame everybody else.

You would hope that this crisis has made some of them grow up but apparently not.

I notice that B&Q opened last week. I don’t think that’s a bad thing. People have to do something during lockdown and if improving your home is keeping them off the streets then great. However I also notice that Next opened its doors as well.

Completely unnecessary! You can buy clothes on line and if you cannot do that then surely you can manage without new clothes for a few weeks? After all, there is nowhere to go to wear them is there?

:twisted:

brisr949

Post by brisr949 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:13 am

paul...m wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:15 am
People like that should be taken around back of building and shot to save lives of innocent people.
Agreed, its the selfish that will keep this virus rolling on.
Tomorrow will be a better day

Adam

maz

Post by maz » Mon May 04, 2020 10:20 am

Fast clothing I guess Jane. They don't buy to last these days, just buy cheap, wear a few times, throw, and buy new. One thing John told me was that some online clothing shops aren't taking returns(not that I want to go to the PO anyway), so really it is going to be difficult to buy from them, and they are where I go. I can understand their reasons at the moment, but you know what it is like buying clothes, sizing is so bad you can send tor 10 items your size and only 1 of them fits. I also heard that changing rooms won't be open in clothing shops either.

Mind you, if I am going to be inside for up to another 9 months, I can wear all my holiday only and cruise clothing I will have no use for :lol:
Marilyn

maz

Post by maz » Mon May 04, 2020 10:21 am

brisr949 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:13 am
paul...m wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:15 am
People like that should be taken around back of building and shot to save lives of innocent people.
Agreed, its the selfish that will keep this virus rolling on.
So true Adam.
Marilyn

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Mon May 04, 2020 12:08 pm

I’ve just been to do a biggish shop at Sainsbury’s with no queue!

Just like in the good old days! I did frighten a man in the same aisle as me by coughing and then sneezing - I was a good distance from him and coughed and sneezed into the arm of my jumper - but he looked proper frightened! People forget you can still get colds and other viruses - corona doesn’t stop that happening!

I haven’t coughed or sneezed since so it was a one-off!

I do most of my clothes shopping on-line anyway. Our town centre is so poor now that there were barely any shops to visit even when they were open so I tend to buy online. I know! I contributed to the closure of town centre shops!

Adam - never a truer word than that! I just hope they get the virus badly enough to make them ill, but not badly enough to take them into hospital. Just to teach them a lesson!

Hugs

Jane xx