Things that happen in lockdown

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
maz

Re: Things that happen in lockdown

Post by maz » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:21 am

Oh my, any strangers in your area better beware :lol: But, do take care as one might cut their social distancing short and do more than shout back :( .
Marilyn

Post by 26.12.11 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:49 pm

To lighten the scene, I have to tell you David was with me. He didn’t say anything but when I looked at him I realised he had on his PJs or lounge wear as is the new term. This made me laugh, dress shoes and jammies. We must have looked mental to the bloke. Suffice to say I will be paying closer attention to the boy wonder when we go out.
Sharon

maz

Post by maz » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:40 pm

:lol: :lol: Oh dear, out in his jammies.....oh sorry, lounge wear. Plus dress shoes :shock: :lol:
Marilyn

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You sound like me! I can't keep my mouth shut either :lol: :lol: .

There was a queue outside Sainsbury's last week with the requisite 2 m distance between each person. I walked between 2 people to get to the end of the queue and one strange looking little man with a face mask on said "2 metres please!".

I said to him "I'm only walking past you!"

To which he replied "You can't be too careful"

To which I replied "OH SHUT UP!" :oops: :oops:

In my defence I had just finished a VERY long tiring day at work and then had to queue to buy some bloody milk so I wasn't in the best of moods :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Hugs

Jane xx

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:14 pm

Don’t they have corners in Stockton? I only ask, because in emergencies we use the local corner shop for locally produced milk. It’s not bloody, either.

Post by 26.12.11 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:09 pm

Update on man I had disagreement with.Now known as MIHDW. Yesterday I went out the front door and there was a dog in the garden. I had a look up and down the street but there was no one there. Dog then took off down the road. About half hour later MIHDW walked passed house with the dog. Today dog appeared again, I didn’t see it as I had my back to garden, but Dave said where did that dog go, I said if there was a dog, it is in the house with ours as they have gone indoors. Just as I said it the 3 came out. MIHDW came up the street shouting Kipper, Kipper. I looked at the dog and said are you Kipper, he went back indoors. MIHDW got up to the garden, he asked have you seen a dog, yes he is inside, at that moment the 3 run out again and frolicked in the garden. Kipper was not going with owner. I apologised for calling him names. He was fine, Kipper run away.
Sharon

maz

Post by maz » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:07 am

Nice end to the story :D
Marilyn

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:31 pm

MikeyB wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:14 pm
Don’t they have corners in Stockton? I only ask, because in emergencies we use the local corner shop for locally produced milk. It’s not bloody, either.
Stockton is renowned for its cornerless status! Look it up on the interwebbie!

:D

Hugs

Jane xx

paul...m

Post by paul...m » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:05 am

Bet that confuses the protitutes trying to find a corner to stand on :lol:

maz

Post by maz » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:48 pm

Our chiropractor across the street has a few of his own rules. From our times going for treatment we can really imagine what he thinks of the national rules :? and most of the normal medical profession's advice, but, disclaimer, I don't actually know of course :lol: Well he is following the rules on the whole, but obviously his parents, who live next door in the downstairs flat, are being classed as the in same household :roll:, as chiropractor's mum, let's call her grandma 1, who must be over 70, goes in and out of chiropractors house, looks after both the children and whatever. They sit in the front garden, such as it is, about 1m deep, and chat, including granddad at times, who doesn't look a well guy at all, and looks older than his wife and could be 80. Other family members come along, from who knows where, to chit chat at the front. They do stand apart, but not 2 metres. Chiropractor's wife's mother, Grandma 2, is over 80(we do know that) and is usually there cleaning, ironing, window washing, baby sitting, you name it, she does it. Everyone's dream grandma. But she has been absent the last 3 weeks so we thought good she is being sensible and isolating. Well she turned up today too and was hugging granddaughter baby and chatting up close to daughter. Now what I hope is that she has had the virus and presumes herself immune so okay to visit again. Though of course there is no proof as yet of complete immunity after having the virus.

All none of our business of course, as long as they just infect each other and don't come near me or John or anyone else who might be more vulnerable than they think they are.:shock: :evil: It does keep us(particularly John) 'entertained' in these more boring times.
Marilyn

paul...m

Post by paul...m » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:15 am

People like that should be taken around back of building and shot to save lives of innocent people.

maz

Post by maz » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:00 am

Having been to this chiropractor for 5 years, every 6 weeks after the initial 6 weeks of reducing more regular visits, we think he thinks he knows much better than anyone else, and we are actually surprised he isn't still working and has taken that advice :roll:

Grandma 2 was there again yesterday and inside being part of the family. Grandma 1 seems to have taken a back seat again :D We did know that chiropractor and wife were health nerds and went to the gym more than is necessary, but now they are exercising at home, inside thank goodness :D . Though they do like to be seen when exercising. They have a big bay window about 3 feet from the footpath and kept all the blinds open. It was quite amusing for sure.(Not jealous, not jealous :wink: )

We are still determined to keep saying hello when we pass by, we do like to try. We are still waiting for one of them to pop across to see if we vulnerable elderly are okay and if we need anything :lol: :lol: :lol: (We know they have other oldies to shop for, but you can only hope hey? We would say no, we are fine, thank you, but....) Edit to say Grandma 1 has just gone out with her shopping trolley so I guess she is doing her own shopping......and no doubt her son and family's too. :?
Marilyn

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:28 pm

:lol: :lol:

I have a theory that if you watch somebody exercising it is exactly the same as doing it yourself :D . This has never been proven but probably because nobody has investigated it. So therefore until it is proven otherwise.

If I were you Marilyn I would watch them exercising and then feel cleansed and invigorated :lol: :lol: .

Hugs

Jane xx

maz

Post by maz » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:03 pm

Oh if only Jane, that would be a dream come true. What I did see proven once was that you can lose weight just by thinking you are actually exercising :shock: Saw an experiment once quite a long time ago. I think you had to be thinking you were exercising for quite a while and I seem to remember some guys lying in bed, looking asleep. So maybe they had to be totally relaxed apart from when they were thinking they were exercising, so maybe over a few days?? So Jane, when you are relaxing sunbathing, do an exercise video in your brain!

Well, our non compliant chiropractor has a man round to look at his poorly bike this afternoon. Believe it or not, they have been totally head to head looking at the bike, no social distancing at all. It could all have been done at 2 metres apart but oh no, it doesn't apply to them.
Marilyn

paul...m

Post by paul...m » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:09 am

Next door but one neighbour's wife went to see relatives abroad and cannot get back all fine till a couple of weekends ago when a man stayed the night turned up again yesterday !!!! .