Dennis the Menice

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
paul...m

Dennis the Menice

Post by paul...m » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:28 am

Hope your all fairing well with troublesome Dennis and his predecessor especially up north

maz

Re: Dennis the Menice

Post by maz » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:32 am

Thankfully it doesn't seem to have been as bad for those already troubled from last weekend as they thought it was going to be. But it might be worse for places like York when the water gets down river to them. It was a bit of a non event for us where we are I think. Though we don't flood anyway. I feel so sorry for those who have had problems, it must be awful. Then of course they can't always get insurance, and have difficulty selling their houses in the future.
Marilyn

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:47 pm

Well, the village was flooded last weekend, as was our car park, but Storm Dennis appears to be all fart and no S**t. Raining for sure, high winds but nothing exciting. Just like living on Mull in winter.

maz

Post by maz » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:40 am

Well okay for the rest of us, but not South Wales or that poor guy who drowned. I would rather have warnings and them not turn out to be as bad than not have warnings and be surprised or overwhelmed.
Marilyn

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:58 am

I agree Marilyn.

February has apparently been the wettest "since records began".

There was a local story from a man who was genuinely called Storm Dennis (I suspect his parents were Bohemian!) and he got loads of tweets asking him to keep it calm :lol: :lol: .

Hugs

Jane xx

maz

Post by maz » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:05 am

^^^ :lol: :lol: ^^^
Marilyn