Chinese Virus

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
paul...m

Re: Chinese Virus

Post by paul...m » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:47 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

maz

Post by maz » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:09 am

We all knew your secret Jane :wink: :lol:
Marilyn

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:19 pm

HOW? Did that Mike dob me in? :shock:

I HATE bloody feet! I could never in a 9 million years like ever be a podiatrist! :lol: :lol:

maz

Post by maz » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:31 am

Me neither.
Marilyn

paul...m

Post by paul...m » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:08 pm

Horrible things feet

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:13 pm

Mine aren’t. A diabetes nurse once told me I have lovely feet. They certainly don’t look 67 years old, even if the rest of me does.

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:35 pm

Pity you can’t get them out more then Mike :lol: :lol:

paul...m

Post by paul...m » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:32 pm

I fear this post is going downhill fast Jane telling Mike to get something out what ever will Alan say .

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:00 pm

Paul it’s only you that is making the post go downhill :lol: :lol: :lol: .

paul...m

Post by paul...m » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:25 pm

At least I am reliable .

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:57 pm

:lol: :lol:

And there is a lot to be recommended about that!

Alan and I have been indulging in on-line Scrabble. It is addictive ad great fun because we play against each other. Well it beats having a conversation!

I can’t help putting in rude words if it will let me, even if I don’t score the best points for them :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: .

So I understand where you are coming from Paul :lol: :lol: .

Hugs

Jane xx

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:32 pm

Oh serious deep sigh!

Stockton is not in 'special measures' due to the virus but all the towns around us are. So in preparation, I suspect, of the inevitable, the supermarkets today have introduced queueing outside again :( .

I KNOW it's not the end of the world and my personal mantra if you are upset or annoyed about something is "did anybody die"? Because if nobody died the situation is solvable. And no, of course nobody died from my standing outside the supermarket in a queue!

You could of course argue that you are stopping more people from dying by standing in a queue and I wholeheartedly support that. I will stand in a queue for as long as needed if it stops one further death. But we are all just jaded with it. It is just so relentless isn't it?

My daughter was hoping to come and see us for the weekend as it's her birthday. We decided between us that it really wasn't worth the risk due to Alan's health and my mum's age.

Don't get me wrong. So far (fingers crossed) my immediate family have been financially marginally affected by the pandemic. And aren't we bloody lucky?

So please don't see this post as a whinge because it isn't. It's a hand-holding to all on the forum who are thoroughly fed up with the inevitable further restrictions on our lives.

To let you know you are not alone - we are all bloody fed up!

However, let's look on the brighter side. We have the technology to keep in touch with family and friends virtually and whilst not the same, is a lot better than nothing at all. And if you have been lucky enough to not have lost someone through COVID then hang onto that!

And a real positive - Donald Trump has COVID! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's hope we come out of this as better society!

Hugs

Jane xx

paul...m

Post by paul...m » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:07 am

How is it now up norff ,around here everything is fine . Trouble is everyone moves about too much if we all worked in local communities then a proper lockdown could be done as in the past .Thinking of the village of Eyam .
Been doing a bit more of my family tree found some came from up Norff ... Yorkshire so now have to have sympathy for you lot . :shock:

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:53 pm

Looks like we are heading for further restrictions. They are talking about shutting pubs from Wednesday.

To be fair the restrictions have minimal impact on Alan and me but I can understand the youngsters getting really twitched and fed up with them.

I am lucky that I am a key worker so have worked throughout even the complete lockdown. Mind driving into work was a joy! There were no cars about.

I am able to see my mum and my son and daughter-in-law (plus the wonderful George) because they are in our 'bubble' and none of us go anywhere more risky than the shop. I am technically in a high risk occupation but in reality not. I have very little patient contact and have my own office so not sitting near to anyone.

I feel so sad for those of us who are frightened of losing their houses due to loss of income.

Your ancestors couldn't come from a better place than Yorkshire! You should be grateful!

Hugs

Jane xx