COPD Whats the point

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
paul.m

COPD Whats the point

Post by paul.m » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:22 am

Its that time of year again for COPD test got my letter informing me to take inhaler 3 hours before tests . Can see usual argument coming
Have you used inhaler .
No
Why not
I don't have one and don't need one
But I cannot do the test unless you have used inhaler . Then insists I use one then and there

If I don't use one normally then use it just for the test surely its not a true test of how my COPD is progressing.If I ask for an inhaler on prescription isn't that a waste of NHS money( am on prepaid prescriptions )
Wifes sister had COPD and got no help from NHS until she was admitted to hospital about 4 weeks ago Consultant couldn't believe she was never given oxygen at home or any advice on when to go to hospital so she never went till too late . Burying her tomorrow ( Monday )
Paul

Janey Dal

Re: COPD Whats the point

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:55 am

Seems a bit crazy to me Paul.

Sorry to hear about your sister in law :cry:

Hugs

Jane 😘

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:31 am

Its like when we used to work when we had fire drill we were ready until they sprang it on us without anyone knowing except factory manager . supposed to be out in 2 mins 2 shifts failed to get out in 4 mins .
in my mind it should be tested as you normally live ie no inhalers if you don't use them or its a false test .Rant over .

Thanks Jane get tomorrow over then back to normal whatever normal is for me :lol:
Paul

Bob1955

Post by Bob1955 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:23 pm

So many levels of copd too, from very early stages to full blown breathing problems.

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:29 pm

It’s not mad to test after the use of an inhaler, because an inhaler restores normality, or normality for you at any rate. It can’t make your lung function better than it normally is. If it does make things better, you should be using inhalers regularly.