Apple cider vinegar (ACV)

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
Bob1955

Apple cider vinegar (ACV)

Post by Bob1955 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:14 am

Joan was at the long awaited dental app at Glasgow Dental Hospital, I waited in the allocated room, a young tall blond with green eyes and perferctly manicured nails ( I hardly noticed her) came in and we struck up a conversation, usual..what are you in for etc etc, We are both diabetic and this came up in the conversation, seemingly she is a trained therapist who uses a lot of oils and potions, she asked if I had heard of acv...and I said yes, but I thought it was mostly mumbo jumbo...a bit like homeopathy, acv has been taunted as a cure for everything, anyway, she spoke so very highly of it and urged me to try it...joan came back none the worse for wear and I told her of the wee talk, she too had read a bit about it being the new wonder food, so we went and bought a 500ml glass bottle of what looked like scrumpy cider...unfortunatly the resemblance stopped there, it has to be consumed in a glass of water with a Tbl spoon of acv, the smell was very strong and even diluted as I had done, it was like sooking lemons, very sharp, if you have ever drank the vinegar from a pickle jar...you are getting close to the flavour. The main and most important thing to look out for if buying is that it has "the mother", it will be on the label for sure, other brands who do not have the mother are both inferior and do not contain the enzymes and bacteria to rid your foul bodies of unnumerable toxins.... "Braggs" brand seems to be the most popular and sells out in hours on delivery day, approx £6 from Holland and Barratt, seemingly good for your digestive system and panc, cleans out your liver and organs of toxins, and is good for pancreatic flare ups, soothes the inflamation and relieves some pain, same for gallstones...anyway, I will give it a go to see if I can find a difference, there are many many pages and utube videos detailing the health benifits, some from science, but more from laymen....Oh! It taster rank too 🍏🍏🍏

stuart13

Re: Apple cider vinegar (ACV)

Post by stuart13 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:39 am

Apple cider vinegar will adversely affect how Creon works in the digestive system if you take it. It could also be problematic if you are diabetic because of fluctuations in your blood sugar levels. If you are taking other drugs for blood thinning, etc., then do check with your doctor.

Stu :)

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:16 pm

Cleans out your liver of toxins? What nonsense, that’s what your liver does for a living. Doesn’t need any help from vinegar, for sure. Toxins swimming around in the body is a complete myth. It IS Mumbo jumbo. Laughable pseudoscience.

Richard2017

Post by Richard2017 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:28 pm

I ended up buying a bottle of Braggs cider vinegar, mainly out of desperation when my gastro couldn't figure out what was wrong. I was sick of necking a load of meds that simply weren't working and had read some nonsense about it's miraculous properties on various sites.

I have to say it did absolutely nothing for me, and if anything made me feel worse.

Was fairly pricey and tasted pretty dreadful to boot.

I guess alarm bells should have started ringing when I saw the advert for one of their books on the side of the bottle. It told you how to live to a 'healthy 120 years old'.

My inner sceptic must have been taking a long snooze around that time ;)

R
Richard

Post by 26.12.11 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:52 pm

I use it to get rid of fish smell in microwave or pans. Sometimes if a recipe says wine it goes in as a substitute.
I read that pickling vinegar is the new wonder drink for athletes or people working out.
Sharon

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:56 pm

26.12.11 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:52 pm
I read that pickling vinegar is the new wonder drink for athletes or people working out.
You wouldn’t want to kiss them though would you? :shock: :shock:

Hugs

Jane 😘