Life...

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
stuart13

Re: Life...

Post by stuart13 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:39 am

26.12.11 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:12 am
if you have assetts
Where do you get those?

:wink:

maz

Post by maz » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:35 am

I knew you had to pay for part of the care, but though the nursing care was free. Well will just have to stay here then.
Marilyn

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:46 pm

I’ve heard I’m going to get a 3% rise in pension next April. What with getting the old age pension in January, I’ll be better off moving to England or I’ll be paying 40% tax again on part of my ill gotten gains. I regard my PIP payments as a tax rebate. :roll:

Which goes to show. The only way to survive a Tory government is to be better off. That is wrong.

oldestrocker

Post by oldestrocker » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:29 pm

You are absolutely right! The more you have or get the better off you are with the Tories.

What I object to is having to pay back to the government 20% of all of my State Pension!

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:07 pm

Assets that's what you get sitting in concrete.

Taxed when you earn taxed when you save and taxed when you spend then there is death duty so taxed when you die , happy days.
Paul

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:13 pm

MikeyB wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:14 pm
Don’t worry Jane, we’ll be separated by the Pennines. Might as well be the other side of the planet, happily :lol:
I was going to invite you to Sunday dinner but you’ve had it now :P :P .

I couldn’t agree more about taxability of pensions. Both my parents had private pensions having worked for public companies for most of their lives (in the ‘good old days’ when a job in a public companies was a job for life). They paid tax on them! To this day I can not get my head around this.

However, I suppose I need to think outside the box and look at bankers, for example, who receive mega-pensions. Do I want them to be taxed on their pensions? You bet I do!

Hugs

Jane 😘

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:32 pm

On the subject of moving, daughter contacted a couple of local estate agents to give an assessment of our estate. So they came round, one day it was the pleasant young lady from West, and a typical young man from Bell Ingram. All very boring.

Until the next day. The girl, Jodi, from West said she had a buyer - her and her husband. :shock:

Obviously, there could be a conflict of interest in this situation, but that can be sorted. They are currently living with her mother in law on the farm. I know Nancy, the mother in law, as well as wrangling sheep she teaches at the local junior school, and loves my custard tart. (Long story).

So all they have to do is get a mortgage. They should know next week, and make an offer.

Quite an odd experience, really.

I should add, Steven, the husband, remembers the house because when he was a teen he played on the PlayStation in the loft with the son of the previous owners. Mull, eh?

Reminds me of the guy in Manchester who was looking for a flat, so as soon as the Evening News came out he found one that was perfect. Phoning up, he found that it had already been let - to a newspaper typesetter. True story.

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:56 am

Good Luck with sale . Who will have the most stress you moving or rest of us having you moving to sunny England .
Paul

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:51 am

If that goes through it would be a brilliant start.

We've talked about moving into town but it's all the agro surrounding selling and buying that puts us off.

:)

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:12 pm

RUN AWAY! The Scots are coming over the border again :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sorry I may have over reacted a little there :lol: :lol: .

I am sorry that you are in a situation where you might have to leave your beloved island Mike.

Age plus ill health is not for the faint hearted is it?

It will be fab spending more time with your family though I’m sure xx

Hugs

Jane 😘