Vaping

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
Janey Dal

Vaping

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi all

Just to advise that the GMC have agreed that GPs can advise vaping as a substitute for cigarettes for patients who are struggling to give up smoking.

I got this information from the medical director of the local cancer forum so it’s kosher.

I stopped smoking nearly 3 years ago now and it was absolutely helped by starting to ‘vape’. I know the government was wetting itself at the time with the trend because nobody knew what effects vaping may have.

My personal argument was that there may well be detrimental effects from vaping, but they could not be worse than smoking so I continued despite the woolly government advice.

So if you are struggling to stop smoking then off you go and start to substitute with a vapouriser! And it’s cheaper!

Hugs

Jane xx

MikeyB

Re: Vaping

Post by MikeyB » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:28 am

Already do. Best thing I ever did, to be honest. It’s a big market now - a vaping shop opened in Oban last week.

Richard2017

Post by Richard2017 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:51 pm

I found the taste pretty dreadful with most of the liquids.

I did find one expensive American range of liquids that were steeped in real tobacco leaves for several months and the taste of those were actually pretty close to the real thing. I've no idea if that was any worse for you or not. Jury seemed to be out on it at the time.

Have nearly buckled and bought a new vaporiser a few times but since I've been nicotine free since June I'm trying to hang in there....by my fingernails...

R :)
Richard

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:23 am

You can’t have searched very hard, Richard. I buy Golden Tobacco flavour vaping liquid at £3.50 a pop. :D

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:46 pm

Any with the flavour of being rolled on a dusky ladies thigh from Cuba and I might take it up :wink:
Paul

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:37 am

Hey, Paul, it’s my job to lower the tone. Besides, it’s dusky virgins. Don’t want any other flavours added from amorous adventures. :D

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:02 am

How do you two manage to lower the tone so swiftly? It really is a talent! :P :P

The problem as I am sure everyone is aware of with vaping is that it is so new there is no historical data to show what effect it has.

I actually look twice now when I see someone smoking - it’s so unusual now!

My problem is that I can vape whilst sitting at my desk at work - I have my own office so I’m not disturbing anyone and it’s not illegal. But I probably ingest more nicotine than I did when I was smoking :shock: :shock: .

Still - at least I don’t smell - well not of smoke anyway :oops: :oops: .

Hugs

Jane 😘

Richard2017

Post by Richard2017 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:06 pm

Yep, being able to smoke indoors whilst working was really dangerous for me. I'm sure I became far more nicotine dependent when I was vaping, just because I didn't have to go and stand outside anymore. Same goes for pubs, before a lot of them banned it.

Mike, only tried 4 or 5 brands before I came across the Black Note NET liquids. The others all had a sweet aftertaste to them, I think the process of steeping the liquid in leaves gives it a closer taste and smell to tobacco, for me anyway...and the bottles all came packaged up like little Malt Whiskeys.

Anyway, this was a while back before vaping exploded, so I imagine they've sorted out a lot of the flavours now.

Must admit when I had a coffee with a friend the other day there was someone smoking outside the cafe and I sauntered verrrry slowly past him just so I could get a good taste of second hand smoke.

Lovely ;)
Richard

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:30 am

:lol: :lol: I know what you mean Richard!

I would never, ever go back to fags again but just sometimes I get a little nostalgic twinge :shock: :shock: .

Hugs

Jane 😘