Disadvantages and some small advantages of this condition!

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
Foxysally

Disadvantages and some small advantages of this condition!

Post by Foxysally » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:29 pm

On the disadvantage front I've had 15 teeth out over the last four years. They're just crumbling away. I now know this is because, with the coeliac and the pancreatic insufficiency, I hadn't been absorbing nutrients properly for a long time.

Number 16 came out this morning after breaking off two weeks ago. However, this time I am armed! I have cupboards full of enough fortisips and ensures to keep me going without having to chew for a good long while. I also have painkillers in every conceivable strength from paracetamol to morphine :D

At the moment mere cocodamol 8s are keeping on top of the pain and I'm feeling quite chipper. But should that change (I've been very prone to dry socket in the past at which point the doctors note "secret smoker" alongside "secret alcoholic" :roll: ) I can up my weaponry to cocodamol 30, tramadol or morphine. I've never been in this happy position after a tooth extraction before. Every cloud, as they say :lol:
Sarah

paul.m

Re: Disadvantages and some small advantages of this condition!

Post by paul.m » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:22 pm

Your a brave woman I am terrified of dentist would rather put up with my broken teeth but if I was to have a general anesthetic I might be tempted to go .
Paul

Foxysally

Post by Foxysally » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:07 pm

It was under general a couple of years back that they said they were taking 3 and I woke up to find they'd taken 15! So never again will I have teeth pulled under general.

I didn't feel brave this morning - I kept saying "ow!" and that was while she was putting the local anaesthetic in :D

I don't normally have anaesthetic for fillings as it's the bit I hate most - I prefer the pain (and this past year has hardened me to to pain, I reckon!). But the dentist wouldn't extract without anaesthetic for some strange reason :wink:
Sarah

Post by 26.12.11 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:14 pm

One of mine crumbled on Saturday, but I have no pain, i presume the pulpy bit is still covered. My dentist is on holiday, so I have to wait until next Monday to get it out.
Sharon

Foxysally

Post by Foxysally » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:21 am

Well, face has swelled up, tooth (or rather, the gap!) is agony, It has not stopped weeping blood (which is now full of pus) since it came out. I followed all the instructions they gave me to the letter. Every single time I have a tooth out it always gets infected, so I'm pretty fed up.

I know my lymphocytes and white blood count are low - well below the normal range, but I don't know why. I'm guessing this makes me more prone to infection? Stomach pain has flared right up again too - I really think there's no need for it to come out in sympathy :lol:

Do ongoing pancreas issues make you more susceptible to other problems? It's making me a bit nervous about the gallbladder op, when it eventually happens, that stuff just runs to infections so fast with me.

Been on penicillin over 48 hours now, it's about time it started working! Thank goodness I have a large supply of cocodamol 30s which are at least providing some relief. Sharon, I hope your extraction goes well and without event. :)
Sarah

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:06 am

Awful Sarah!

I hope you are feeling a bit better and the infection has gone away.

I had my wisdom teeth out many years ago via general anaesthetic and that was a pretty miserable experience I have to say. Particularly afterwards when I couldn’t eat anything other than soup :? :? .

I was also getting real bad pains down my jaw when I went outside and examined my wound in the mirror to discover that the stitches hadn’t worked and I could actually see my jaw bone through the cut :shock: :shock: . Not something I want to repeat any time I can tell you! :lol: :lol: .

And I must add for the record that I had to have my Wisdom teeth out because my mouth wasn’t big enough :shock: :shock: . Well I’d never been told THAT before.

Nor since for that matter :shock: :shock: .

Hugs

Jane 😘

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:33 pm

Try a mouth wash of salt solution .
Paul

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:10 pm

What for my big mouth? :shock: :shock:

Actually that is a very good idea! Not for my big mouth - for Sarah’s poorly mouth. Salt solution is pretty good at healing things and anything is worth a try.

Hugs

Jane 😘

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:37 am

Was advised this years ago and also to bath in a salt solution after surgery by a District Nurse but they stop recommending it now .
Paul

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:57 am

The only trouble for your mouth is that it tastes gross!

Hugs

Jane xx

Foxysally

Post by Foxysally » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:10 pm

Thank you to all of you! Steve who used to be a nurse had also told me to rinse in salt solution, and then the dentist did too, so I have been. Mind you, Steve makes it up for me and does it so strong I'm surprised I have the roof of my mouth left :shock:

I'm bricking it a bit now on the waiting list for this gallbladder op. The hole got so badly infected so quickly, and is taking an absolute age to heal despite my best efforts - and that has made me a bit scared. The dentist says it is healing, but very, very slowly and I'm on my second course of antibiotics. I'll just have to think positively I guess, and teeth are not gallbladders.

I've been on cocodamol 30s for over a week now on top of my usual meds and I don't care! They've enabled me to function fairly normally for the first tooth extraction ever. Steve might tell you I've been irritable, but that's just nonsense :wink:
Sarah

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:14 pm

Hi Sarah

No I don’t believe him for a second :roll: :roll: :D :D !

I can imagine how worried you are about your operation but hopefully it won’t be so bad. The trouble with having a tooth out is that you have to eat and food causes bacteria and the warm damp conditions they like.

So long as you don’t shove food into your gallbladder wound you should be okay :shock: :shock: . I have to say I have no medical qualifications so don’t take that as read :lol: :lol: .

Hugs

Jane xx