For Richard

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
Richard2017

Re: For Richard

Post by Richard2017 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:44 am

I knew it was coming from somewhere ;)
Richard

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:07 pm

:lol: :lol: it's those Suvverners Richard! Always causing trouble!

hugs

Jane xx

Anne Dawson

Post by Anne Dawson » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Well we love our holidays in Blakeney and our meals at Wiveton Hall,

and we do enjoy watching Desmond MacCarthy!

We've had some lovely holidays in Norfolk and hope to have many more!

Also I just found a picture of me outside the Mustard Shop in Norwich in the seventies. Lovely city!

:)

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:37 pm

We love taking the caravan to Cromer and sometimes have a ride to Hunstanton for a walk along front and Fish & Chips
Paul

Anne Dawson

Post by Anne Dawson » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:00 pm

Love the red and white cliffs at Hunstanton and the beautiful sunsets!

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:24 am

Shame about off shore wind farm especially as half of them don't work anymore
Paul

Foxysally

Post by Foxysally » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:33 pm

Janey Dal wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:07 pm

hugs

Jane xx
I thought I was all northerners on here - above London and you're all oop north to me! :lol: :wink:
Sarah

Richard2017

Post by Richard2017 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:05 pm

:)

Yep, we love North Norfolk and try to get up there as much as possible. We spent a couple of days in Blakeney a little while back after we had to cancel our trip to Cornwall. Great seal trips. Cromer's also great as it's only a 40 minute run up there in the car and we can unleash the little one on the beach for a quick run around and some sand castles.

I honestly wouldn't care too much if I never had to leave Norfolk again, my wife used to tell me off when I moaned about having to travel abroad for work and stay in overpriced hotels whilst she stayed at home but over the last ten years I've become more and more appreciative of the local places and small things that are already around us.

Anyway I might have to grit my teeth and see what far flung corners of Europe Norwich airport can send us to for an affordable package deal if/when things become a bit more manageable. Just to keep the spark alive. ;)
Richard

oldestrocker

Post by oldestrocker » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:45 pm

Foxysally wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:33 pm
Janey Dal wrote:

hugs

Jane xx
I thought I was all northerners on here - above London and you're all oop north to me! :lol: :wink:
Hey luv, us Northerners are EVERYWHERE!! The country would surely be in a sad state if we all moved back north of Watford Gap.
I'm born and bred a true Lancastrian with generations going back to the early 17th C. Yet I was 'called upon' to serve the people of this fair land and moved to the countryside of south Kent. Been down here since the late 80's.

Would I go back nah not a chance, but if it was north Yorkshire and all of my extended family would come with me, I'd be there in front leading the exodus. For one thing they can't make real chips down here or sell me a half decent cheese & onion pie.

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:16 am

Holkham beach used to be lovely just remember to turn right at end of path from car park . If you turn left it is the naturists area. Sheringham is a old fashioned seaside town with a steam train heritage line well worth a visit .
Paul

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:29 pm

oldestrocker wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:45 pm
Foxysally wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:33 pm
Janey Dal wrote:

hugs

Jane xx
Hey luv, us Northerners are EVERYWHERE!! The country would surely be in a sad state if we all moved back north of Watford Gap.
I'm born and bred a true Lancastrian with generations going back to the early 17th C. Yet I was 'called upon' to serve the people of this fair land and moved to the countryside of south Kent. Been down here since the late 80's.

Would I go back nah not a chance, but if it was north Yorkshire and all of my extended family would come with me, I'd be there in front leading the exodus. For one thing they can't make real chips down here or sell me a half decent cheese & onion pie.
It's because they cook the chips with electric - which hasn't reached us Oop north as yet :shock: :shock: .

Hugs

Jane xx (waiting for her husband to come back from hunting wild boar so she can eat).

oldestrocker

Post by oldestrocker » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:56 pm

Thanks Jane

You are most probably right.

When I was a lot, lot younger I used to ask for the scratchings which were free.

And I remember the local chip shop that was someone's converted front room! It had two fryers and was heated by coke!!

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:10 pm

What? As in Coca-cola? :shock: :shock:

Innovative! :lol: :lol:

Hugs

Jane xx