Hurrycane

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!

Re: Hurrycane

Post by 26.12.11 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:08 pm

When Ophelia hit Ireland she was down graded to a tropical storm.
Here in Kent it was a bit windy and dull for about 2 hours, warm though 22°
A friend near Shannon airport in Ireland said it was very windy but nothing more than a normal winter storm
My dad in Scotland said the sky was very dark but it didn't become a full blown storm, my brother 15 miles from dad said the wind was sharp.
Attachments
IMG_0551.JPG
Sharon

Post by 26.12.11 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:10 pm

The photo is from Scotland from the roadside facebook page.
This is Ayr at noon. This is where my brother lives
Sharon

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:21 am

Wasn’t much of a big deal on Mull, though many ferries were cancelled. Wind never got much over 25mph, which is a normal autumn or winter blow. They don’t bother issuing weather warnings for a breeze like that, though they did in England. When it happens every other week you sort of get used to it.

It’s about time somebody else had a turn at experiencing North Atlantic weather, these hurricane remnants usually pass to the north of Britain. The last one did, and shut down the ferries but I don’t recall it getting a mention on the national news. That one was windier, too.

Foxysally

Post by Foxysally » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:23 pm

That's amusing that they post weather warnings for England but not Scotland! We get so little proper weather down here that anything is a talking point.

It went very dark here for half an hour or so and the sky was a very weird shade of dark yellow. That was two days ago and my piano pupils have talked about almost nothing else since. Some of these are eight year olds. Our obsession with very minor weather starts young! :lol:
Sarah

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 pm

Actually they do post weather warnings, but only when it’s proper windy. Or, more importantly snowy. Even then, only when it’s proper snowy, not the half inch that seizes up England.