Christmas is comming

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
Foxysally

Re: Christmas is comming

Post by Foxysally » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:40 pm

A few days ago my youngest said "don't worry with stockings for us this year, I'm 18 now and I know money is a bit tight".

I'm trying to decide whether it's dangerous to take that at face value :lol:
Sarah

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:18 am

"You don't have to buy me anything but I have you seen the new IPhone" Dammed if you do dammed if you don't .Only another 83 days to make your mind up oh the joys of having adult children .
Paul

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:49 pm

I think Colin should be officially banned from the forum for wishing me a Merry Christmas :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I remember an ex-colleague who told me that he and his wife had had a conversation before Christmas and decided not to buy each other anything at all because they were saving up.

They went to spend Christmas Day at his in-laws and as agreed, he had bought his wife nothing. Apparently, as women do, she had bought him quite a few surprise presents and right in front of his in-laws it became apparent that he had not bought a single thing for their daughter :lol: :lol: :lol: .

He told us he was utterly mortified but all the women in the office said:

'"When she said 'nothing' she didn't actually MEAN nothing at all. DOH!" :lol: :lol: :lol: Poor lad! (Mind he was a bit of a tight-wad so probably deserved it!)

I am still officially bah-humbug about it all. It just all costs too much, is far too much stress and well - bah humbug! :roll: :roll:

hugs

Jane 😘

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:12 am

Only 65 days to go so 64 days till Christmas eve then PANIC .
Having had a hard day at work yesterday and eaten all my sandwiches nipped into local CO-OP where near the till were boxes of mince pies ( has anyone seen a mince pie mince ) which shall I buy cheap or luxury so brought both . Cheap are ok but just looked at luxury b***** it contains Brandy now spent £2 for someone else to enjoy humbug
Paul

Colin 31

Post by Colin 31 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:31 am

Sorry Janey....

😂 .

I’ll remember not to get too excited.

Best Wishes to all 🎅🏼

Foxysally

Post by Foxysally » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:21 pm

I went into co-op and saw the mince pie stand. I got all excited as the cardboard stand had a shelf that said "gluten free mince pies". I am newly coeliac this year (well, probably have been undiagnosed for years, hence the autoimmune pancreatitis etc) so got quite excited as I LOVE mince pies, would eat them all year.

There weren't any. There were boxes of family circle biscuits in their place. Which I can't eat.

I keep looking but they haven't had them in. I'm betting that when they do the recipe will compensate for the lack of gluteny loveliness with alcohol.

Bah humbug indeed!
Sarah

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:32 am

I miss homemade rum truffles at Christmas all that lovely dark rum and chocolate now have to make do with a tin of Roses .
Paul

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:37 pm

Think I may need to go to hospital just brought some more xmas pressies
Paul

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:47 pm

Me too :oops: :oops: :oops: .

I’m far too organised this year -I’m worried :shock: :shock:

Hugs

Jane 😘

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:24 am

The big day is getting nearer only a week to go .Got a bargain from Tesco yesterday £25 Christmas tree down to £2.50 I know the needles are dropping off already but its just to spread a bit of Christmas cheer to the outside . Could have had a free one if I had gone to Sandringham but suspect Prince Phillip is a bit of a hot shot with a gun(was told by a policeman when royals are in residence anything moves in woods the police know about it , bet they see some sights some of me in my courting days :oops: :oops: )Not got lights on tree yet was raining too hard but hides milk churns and washing machines .
Paul

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Got a fab mental picture Paul of you in Sandringham woods bending down to pick up your felled tree and getting shot in the backside! :lol: :lol:

I’m all done I think! Phew!

My bank account is empty, my nerves are frayed BUT my kids are all together for Christmas! :D :D

It doesn't get any better than that!

Hugs

Jane xx

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:06 pm

Still waiting for Amazon to deliver and a pressie in van for wife waiting for me to wrap .
Paul

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:01 pm

I thought I’d got all my presents wrapped last week and then two presents I’d forgotten I’d ordered arrived from Amazon :twisted: :twisted: .

And I spotted Alan's present to me under the tree - it’s the only one where the paper and the tag don't match :lol: :lol: .

More training required.

Hugs

Jane 😘

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:02 pm

The very best of Christmas wishes to every one.

Stu :D

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:49 pm

All Done HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL
Paul