Grandad ( again )

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
maz

Re: Grandad ( again )

Post by maz » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:15 pm

Haha re. the Ivy Jane! I doubt we will even go ourselves. Yes, I remember Carolyn still being interested in dolls at 9/10. It is hard these days for parents trying to keep their children as children. We were in the children's department at Debenhams the other day and just by the counter was a quite large display of bras for young girls. Nowadays they can't wait to wear them but I remember in my day they were the last things you wanted to have to wear.
Marilyn

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:21 am

One of my teenaged granddaughters has suggested New Look when I asked her the question. Might be worth looking on line at what clothes they do there.

:)

PS When I was at school (back in ancient times) those that wore glasses were teased as 'four-eyes' but now glasses are 'cool' as are teeth braces. :roll:

maz

Post by maz » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:39 am

stuart13 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:21 am
One of my teenaged granddaughters has suggested New Look when I asked her the question. Might be worth looking on line at what clothes they do there.

:)

PS When I was at school (back in ancient times) those that wore glasses were teased as 'four-eyes' but now glasses are 'cool' as are teeth braces. :roll:
Good idea re. New Look. Yes, specs and braces are cool! Who knew that would happen? All I wanted was a broken arm or something to have a pot on :oops: Never did get that, and for sure I don't want one now :shock: :lol:
Marilyn

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:42 am

:lol: :lol: what an aspiration Marilyn! A broken arm! :lol: :lol:

Fancy you having heard from New Look Stuart! :lol: :lol: Trendy grandad or what!

Seriously it is a good shop, the clothes are inexpensive and the quality is good for the price. I buy most of my shoes there because they have a shoe section to die for and really good value.

I even have a New Look store card :oops: :oops: - the only credit card I will allow myself! And obviously you can buy gift cards as well.

Hugs

Jane xx

maz

Post by maz » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:41 pm

I shopped in Primark a couple of weeks ago for the first time ever. What fun. I had a big brown logo carrier bag to proudly tout around town for all to see :shock: and plenty of goodies inside. I will be back. Well I have already been back, to the returns department, which as you would know, is situated in the most far away point in the shop! I agree Jane, New Look shoes are great.
Marilyn

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:56 pm

Indeed, New Look shoes are good. I only stopped paying for them when daughter got married :roll:

maz

Post by maz » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:52 pm

MikeyB wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:56 pm
Indeed, New Look shoes are good. I only stopped paying for them when daughter got married :roll:
One benefit for getting a daughter married off!
Marilyn