Last night

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
maz

Re: Last night

Post by maz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:02 am

Bob1955 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:25 am

Indeed Mike, tho there are a few older than me 😨 ... you seldom get to meet other cf'rs as on arrival you are put in a room and the doctors and nurses etc all coms to see you, you leave by a different way you came in too, if you need to go for the puff tests...then they clear the corridor and it is like a mi5 operation....cross infection is the enemy, but I find it way over the top, whilst in hozzy I met a few, mostly early 20's, but one guy who is 46 and a Dr (dermotology ) ....we keep in touch, really nice guy who actually lives 10 mins from me, he told me that I am the first ever cf'r he has spoken too, I stood at his room and we blethered....and he would do the same, every time his mum n dad were up visiting, they would stop with big smiles looking in at me...and I would wave back....I think it gave them hope to see a 62 yr old...and that is a good thing, same with the younger ones I managed to talk to... they looked a little bewildered, but I could see the hope rise in them...that made my day
When I was doing my nurse training in the 60's and caring for a baby with CF, we were told they had little chance of surviving into their 20's. I have been so thrilled over these years to see all the advances that have been made, and see that you Bob, can show the younger sufferers there can be a good future for them. I know it is still a horrible disease to deal with.
Marilyn

Bob1955

Post by Bob1955 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:11 pm

It is, but it becomes your normal, if it is all you know you just get on with it, back in the day, there was not a lot known about it, nowadays the drugs and equipment has came along leaps and bounds, a lot of my other problems stem from the CF, diabetes and the panc cysts, I can look forward to increased risk of bowel cancer too.. the older we get the higher the risks I suppose...thats just life tho... great innit :D :D :D :D :D

maz

Post by maz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:47 am

As I have got older and many more my age and much younger have passed, I just have to think that it is a privilege to grow old.
Marilyn

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:57 am

Indeed Marilyn!

I am approaching 58 and it still astonishes me to be honest! Like you Marilyn (and us all really) you see people dying who are your contemporaries and it is tough.

My dad died at 86 and whilst I was very sad obviously because he was a lovely dad, I really feel that you can’t grieve too much for someone who dies at that age having had a good life.

And how lovely Bob that you can give hope to the youngsters! It is awful for young people to be diagnosed with a chronic illness so to be able to give them hope for the future is fab.

I honestly feel that I’ve brought two brilliant young people into the world who are out there contributing positively to the world so my contribution to the world is done. This bit that is left is just for the pleasure of it.

Hugs

Jane 😘