Lovely warm weather

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
unclemorris67

Re: Lovely warm weather

Post by unclemorris67 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:32 am

Paul
Northern lasses don't care what the weather is like, skimpy clothing is the usual style.
I find the bigger the bum the shorter the skirt and don't get me started on blokes that take their tops off.
As Jane said the sights you see when you haven't got a gun

Edit
The park by my house has outdoor gym equipment, free for anyone to use.
Happily there seems to be a lot of fit men who look like they've used gym equipment a fair bit.
I find I usually have to stop to tie my shoe laces more and more, I just hope nobody notices I don''t actually have laces :D
Sharon

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:41 am

:lol: :lol:
Paul

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:41 am

I spent the best part of yesterday in an air conditioned office down in London which was great but when I came out of the building at 4.30pm it felt as though I had been hit with a brick. Then spent 3 hrs on a train. The train was quite busy and my coach was full with people standing. Fortunately, I had reserved a seat, and it wasn't until I went to the loo that I realise why they were standing in my coach. Although the air conditioning in my coach was working to some extent, the next had none and it was like walking through an oven. The coach was virtually empty.

:)

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:40 am

I remember years ago having to stand for a long period on a train. I fainted :oops: :oops: .

It got me a seat mind :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Well we've had the lot Oop north this week. Cold, torrential rain, thunderstorms and today sunshine :roll: :roll: .

Regardless I wear my summer clothes - mind open-toed sandals and rain aren't a great combination :roll: .

Hugs

Jane xx

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:46 pm

stuart13 wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:41 am
I spent the best part of yesterday in an air conditioned office down in London which was great but when I came out of the building at 4.30pm it felt as though I had been hit with a brick. Then spent 3 hrs on a train. The train was quite busy and my coach was full with people standing. Fortunately, I had reserved a seat, and it wasn't until I went to the loo that I realise why they were standing in my coach. Although the air conditioning in my coach was working to some extent, the next had none and it was like walking through an oven. The coach was virtually empty.

:)
I only ever travel first class on the train. I reserve the wheelchair space and it's always a pleasant experience with Virgin Rail. They really are helpful, both at the stations and on the train. And, of course, no plebs 8)

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:04 pm

Don't they have a luggage van anymore?

8) :wink:

chandra

Post by chandra » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:03 pm

Insulin management and hot weather seem to have their own rules, by which I mean...no rules at all, making it even harder to second guess than usual :lol:

maz

Post by maz » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:37 pm

How are you managing Julie?
Marilyn

chandra

Post by chandra » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:10 pm

It hasn't been a bundle of laughs, but hey ho, it is all part and parcel of my wonderful life now :D

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:51 pm

:D :D

Shining_Peace

Post by Shining_Peace » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:18 am

chandra wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:10 pm
It hasn't been a bundle of laughs, but hey ho, it is all part and parcel of my wonderful life now :D
I am sorry you are suffering. I have a feeling it's not as easy as you make it sound.
~Sassy

chandra

Post by chandra » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:26 pm

True, Sassy, but there are too many people worse off than me and its not in my nature to complain, that British Stiff-Upper Lip mentality has never left me unlike what they call the 'Snowflake Generation' prevalent now in the UK (apparently!) :lol: