Great News

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
Branksome 31

Great News

Post by Branksome 31 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:03 pm

After 15 years of eating with so many problems due to dumping syndrome plus ,I' had changed my diet and that worked for a short time. Visited my GP monthly and got absolutely nowhere. In fact treated for stress or depression given medication like beta blockers, Gabipentin, Amytriptaline and many more . Non worked and I told my GP, and I got a very disapproving looks each and every time.
I went online last week and contacted the PancreaseCanceruk. I phoned and spoke to Dianne. She listened to my problems , after that her suggestions were to increase my enzymes from two per meal to three ( lunch or meal of 600 calories ) so I did. All information that she gave me was also sent via an email so I let my GP have a copy also.
Within a couple of days my bloated stomach after any food was going, my reflux problems are dealt with by Omeprazole in the morning and no Ranitidine at night, my hypoglycaemia type problems that have been so invasive have not been underneath my fears of eating so far either and most of all the fear of three or four Pancrease with one meal is not going to harm me. And has not . It's made me feel human again my family are so much happier as I'm not ill after eating any meal so far.
Try to contact them on a free phone number which is 08088010707.
Tell them I suggested that you did as we know every case is different . Dane has 30 years experience from liver disease and pancreatic cancer also my chronic pancreatitis. It's working for me. 😀

stuart13

Re: Great News

Post by stuart13 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:39 pm

You were on a very low dose of enzymes, it's no wonder that you had an issue. That's why we have it as a topic in the help section.

The amount that you need is dependent on the enzymes that you are able to produce and the amount of fat in each meal. Remember that you can't overdose on Creon. If you take too many then you might get a sore bum. No more than that. It's really down to you to experiment.

I take anywhere between 4 and 10 25,000's per meal, some take even more. A healthy pancreas produces many time the amount that you will take (from memory it's over a lire per day).

I'm really pleased that increasing has helped, but do experiment if you have further issues.

Stu :)

Bob1955

Post by Bob1955 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Yea..glad to hear you got some help, it gives you a wee lift :)

Shining_Peace

Post by Shining_Peace » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:06 pm

Thank you for the toll-free number. I hope others having trouble will try it if they need help above and beyond their current treatment. It never hurts to have one more great resource.
~Sassy

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:56 am

Always good to hear good news
Paul

Branksome 31

Post by Branksome 31 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:36 am

Thank you for your responses . Why don't the gp's know this information ? As when I asked if I could increase the amount of enzymes that i can take , I was met with a "no". Mind you the Forum here had the knowledge . So first stop for me in future .
I'm enjoying my life a lot more now and NOT so grumpy

Regards to ALL

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:47 am

:lol: :lol:

Just wait until you are old like me, then you can be grumpy all the time.

Have fun. :)

Branksome 31

Post by Branksome 31 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:21 pm

Stuart I am old 66 ! But still no grey hair. He he

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:54 pm

A youngster to me mate.

:wink:

maz

Post by maz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:55 pm

To me too. :shock:
Marilyn

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Excellent news and sadly some GPs are not great on how to take Creon. Not helped by some clinical GP IT systems indicating "take 3 per day etc" advice which is then what is printed off on the bottle.

I have to say that to be honest you are all ancient compared to me at a youthful 57 :P :P .

I just LOVE knowing people who are older than me - it's getting rarer!

Hugs

Jane xx

Branksome 31

Post by Branksome 31 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:10 pm

After three weeks increasing my enzymes I am pleased to say that eating is slightly more pleasant, but still getting boutes of dumping syndrome. :)

Age is but a number . Thank you for your comments on how young I am . Our 24 year old son calls me "old man ", whilst our daughter calls me "lovely Dad " I bought lunch just before that though.

Have a good weekend all of you .

I am going to watch a T20 game on Sunday so please keep your fingers crossed for good weather please

Good vibes to all

Colin

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:49 am

Hi Colin

As Stuart says you need to experiment with Creon it is so dependant on your pancreatic function and what you are eating and it can change daily.

You just keep on trying until you are taking the right amount. Remember there is no such thing as too much Creon - you take as much as you need to treat your symptoms and with time you will start to get the hang of it and get better at it.

Hugs and enjoy the game.

Jane xx

chandra

Post by chandra » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi, great news thus far, just a thought if you've had your gallbladder out (?)... I have no pancreas or gallbladder and it wasn't until I was put on Cholestegel that things improved due to bile acid malabsorption (as well as copious amounts of Creon) :D