Over stretched NHS

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
Shining_Peace

Re: Over stretched NHS

Post by Shining_Peace » Sun May 28, 2017 5:12 am

Don't be shocked Mike, but I agree a politician and political parties commit suicide by alienating pensioners!
~Sassy

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:04 pm

And I would agree Mike. Sadly I think it's going to be a Tory majority and you have to blame Corbyn for that.

I also watched Diane Abbot on the politics show this morning - she will be be the Home Secretary if Labour win. God help us if we had those two as the most powerful people in the land! It's like the lunatics taking over the asylum! :lol: :lol:

I never thought I'd say I agree with proportional representation but I do now! A hung parliament or small majority makes much more sense and stops radical laws and policies being introduced.

Well there's no point worrying about it - however you vote the Government gets in :roll: :roll: .

Hugs

Jane xx

Foxysally

Post by Foxysally » Sun May 28, 2017 1:42 pm

I too think a coalition or similar would help moderate some of the worst excesses but in our very safe Tory constituency, the conservative MP (who is new) is so sure of her seat they are the only party we've had no leaflets from, nothing. They can't even be bothered to campaign round here. I wouldn't even know it was a she if I hadn't looked it up and talked around.
Sarah

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Mon May 29, 2017 11:46 am

Same here Sally! Isn't it just so annoying when they are so bloody arrogant they can't even be bothered to do a leaflet drop?

My local MP has a face you would never get tired of punching and if you stood him in a line-up you would spot him as a Conservative from 50 paces. He looks just like all the other lardy public school gits :shock: :shock: .

Oops was my prejudice showing there :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: .

He does absolutely nothing for this area but manages to get his fizog on promotional leaflets when all the hard work has been done. I was reliably informed that he did a stunt for charity in my local supermarket recently. Apparently he was put in the stocks and people threw wet sponges at him.

Just as well I didn't know about it I may have picked up a brick by accident. :lol: :lol: .

Hugs

Jane xx

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:07 pm

I think you may be aware of the 7 day access to a GP that the government has mandated. It's a nonsense because there aren't enough GPs anyway.

However, our local Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) had decided to get brownie points from NHS England by introducing this 12 months early within 6 weeks. This was all sorted by the 1st April after much hard work.

The appointments are from 6.30 pmto 8 pm every weekday and 2 hours every morning on weekends. The GP appointments are always full but the nurse appointments aren't. So the NHS (ie YOU) are paying for nurses to come into work to sit and do very little every day.

And guess what? The CCG has now insisted that there are MORE nurse appointments offered so more nurses have to be employed to sit around doing nothing. They have been told that this is futile - but no! That's what has to be done.

This is all political because our CCG is skint so they are trying to avoid 'special measures' which means someone who knows what they are doing (allegedly) from NHS England comes in and kicks ass. This will of course cost money.

There are some days I look at what NHS England are doing and actually wonder if they are tossing a coin to make decisions. Nobody but nobody could actually make some of these decisions unless they were mentally bereft.

Hugs

Jane xx

maz

Post by maz » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Those overpaid underworked managers have to find something to do occasionally Jane. When will any political party dare to point their fingers at managers and start getting rid of some of the top heavy money wasters.
Marilyn

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:05 pm

Those overpaid managers will not get rid of themselves unless it is for a nice fat pension.

:)

maz

Post by maz » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:09 am

And that might happen.........only for some more, even more overpaid managers to take over.
Marilyn

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:00 am

I might write to my local MP :lol: :lol:

Or have a word with him at coffee time on Monday (show off! Name dropper! :lol: :lol: )

Hugs

Jane xx

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:14 pm

Well, it's not what you know .................................................

:wink:

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:13 pm

I actually feel sorry for him Stuart.

He has no idea what it is like to have me and my mum as constituents yet! :lol: :lol: :lol:

At the moment I am being gentle with him - but it won't last!

Interestingly I am told that on top of the £75K per annum MPs are paid, they get £125K to set up a constituency office and somewhere to stay in London and a further £25K to engage staff. You couldn't write it could you?

Add to this expenses for travelling it looks like the £75K salary is pretty much yours to do with what you want because you have no other expenses. Not a bad little earner paid for by us!

Hugs

Jane xx