One of the problems of multiple pathologies...

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
Anne Dawson

Re: One of the problems of multiple pathologies...

Post by Anne Dawson » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:48 pm

Ha, ha, touch of the Quentin Crisps!

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:24 pm

Too right Julie.

My mother in law always used to say the housework would wait for her.

And it does!

If anybody visits my house and they don't like the dust then they don't have to come again. Life is far too short!

I remember having been diagnosed with depression years ago and felt for a long time that I almost had a placard on my head saying "Depressive". The day I realised that I didn't and that I could adapt my life but still have a great life was the day I won.

I always say "I have depression" not "I suffer from depression." It makes a difference.

Go peeps!

Hugs

Jane xx

refandy

Post by refandy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:49 pm

chandra wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:22 pm

Three cheers for Mike :D :D :D Couldn't agree more, the fun thing for me now is that I actually know people who do not know what I have been through and they look at me and talk to me normally.
And that is why I'm going to change employer. They were fantastic when I was ill, during my surgery and recovery but don't seem to have realised that i've recovered. I still have some way to go strength and fitness wise but I'm better than I was for a long time before my surgery and they weren't treating me with kid gloves then.

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:50 am

That's a shame Andy!

But you are doing the right thing if you feel that you are being labelled as 'unwell'.

As we all know the psychological impact of illness is almost as bad as the physical side. If you feel that you have moved on and they haven't then sadly it's time to go.

You have done so well and you don't need anybody dragging you back to the dark side.

Great good luck.

Hugs

Jane xx

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:32 pm

Just thought I'd let you know that tomorrow (for pathologies 7 and 8,, I think) I'm off to the Deathstar in Glasgow- that's the new Queen Elizabeth University Hospital - for EMG studies again. That's where the stick electrodes on bits of your anatomy to make muscles twitch. This is the first time I've had this done since the tremor started, so it will be interesting to see if the tremor is tied to the motor neuropathy, or is a separate new pathology. My money is on the latter, because I know my body. We've been together 64 years, and never a harsh word said. :D This is important, because it means treatment may be possible.

I'm quite looking forward to this. It's interesting.

I'll let you know what the verdict is tomorrow. Don't hold your breath, though, Neurologists rarely commit. That's why I like Dr Leach, who does the EMGS. She's married. :mrgreen:

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:09 pm

Hope all is well for you.

Stu :)

Bob1955

Post by Bob1955 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:05 am

Good luck Mike, and try not to breathe the noxious gasses from the sewer plant..it was really bad last week 😧😧

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:12 pm

Actually Bob, the main problem was a broken down bus blocking two lanes near the airport exit on the M8. By the time we got involved with that traffic was nose to tail back to the Erskine Bridge :shock: We scooted round it by dropping down into Paisley at the first opportunity, and getting back on the motorway beyond the blockage. 20 minutes late, but I'd phoned ahead to say I would be late. Only 15 minutes late. Apparently some other patients were still stuck after I'd had my tests. No nous, some folk. :roll:

Anyway, the EMG showed exactly what I expected. The motor neuropathy is unchanged since 2015. So the latest significant deterioration in my mobility, together with the tremor, is due to something else. I have an appointment in the Professors clinic on the 2nd of August, so as long as I see him rather than the twerp I saw a couple of moths ago, I might get some answers. :roll:

Mike

maz

Post by maz » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Well, though I don't want you to have anything else, it looks like you are on your way to a proper diagnosis and hopefully some way to help.
Marilyn

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:28 pm

Good that the motor neurotrophy is unchanged Mike.

You have too many days out to the mainland me thinks. :wink:

:)

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:39 pm

No wonder the NHS is short of cash! Mike you are taking more than your fair share!

Fingers crossed for you!

Hugs

Jane xx

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Well, tomorrow is another big day. It's my appointment (home visit) from we-are-not-ATOS to assess me for an upgrade from lower rate PIP mobility to full rate. I am confident that I am entitled to the higher rate, but I'll have to wait and see what the assessment brings. If I do get it, it opens the door to a motability funded road going mobility scooter. This would be on a lease, renewable every three years for a new scooter, with full insurance. I could in fact pay for such a scooter anyway, but I don't see why I should when I think how much tax I've paid into the system, and still pay. I'm entitled.

So why do I call them we-are-not-ATOS? Because they have changed their name to Independent Assessment Services. Same company, same bunch of creeps as ATOS, just a new name, to sound less toxic. Aye, right.

Mind you, having worked as a gamekeeper in War Pension assessment, I know exactly what I have to do as a poacher. That is not to exaggerate, but just to make sure they cannot fake their report on my difficulties.

I will let you know how I get on.

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:16 am

Good luck with the assessment, Mike.

:)

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Hope it went well in your favour
Paul

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:40 pm

Well, the assessment went just fine. I did the underperforming dog act for the lady who came. She was really pleasant. She saw me the last time I was assessed, so she could see the difference, which should help. The dog recognised her from two years ago, which was weird.
The problem now is how the gatekeepers at the DWP see the report. I think it's an open and shut case - I know I qualify under their rules for PIP mobility full rate. So does the assessor.

It's now a question of waiting for their response in 4-6 weeks. I don't mind the delay - payment is from the date of claim, not their decision. Not that I'm much bothered about the money, it's the doors that open with the award. Mind you, I won't say no to £400 or so back pay tax free. (That's the approximate difference between lower and higher rate PIP mobility).

I think I scored zero points on PIP daily living, or maybe about 6 max. I'll have to put more work into this disability business. :roll:

Mike PC OTM