One of the problems of multiple pathologies...

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
maz

Re: One of the problems of multiple pathologies...

Post by maz » Thu May 25, 2017 9:25 am

Haha Sassy, as if I can keep this lot in check :lol: Sorry you have gone through such a hard time. It must have been pretty scary until you found out what was going wrong. Sometimes having a 'sort out' of meds is what is needed. Is the plan to stop with the Cymbalta too, or just keep to a lower dose?

We are always amazed at the medication adverts on TV over in the USA. 1 minute of telling you the amazing things the med. can do and 3 minutes telling you the side effects and what bad things it can do. I know that is due to the compensation culture you have over there, so they are covering themselves, but it would put me off asking to go on some of them. We don't have adverts for such medications over here, just things like allergy tablets or lower level pain meds. you can buy over the counter.
Marilyn

Shining_Peace

Post by Shining_Peace » Thu May 25, 2017 10:35 pm

It was very scary. It also took a while to figure out which med or meds were a problem. The plan is to completely go off of the Cymbalta. I am four weeks into the five week process to go off it. I am going on a new med to try and mitigate the loss of the pain properties of the Cymbalta.

Cymbalta is a very, very difficult drug to go off. People feel so bad if they miss a dose or two that they end up going to hospitals. I have missed doses before and can testify to how horrible it feels.

The suicidal thoughts were very hard. I would pass the belts in my husband's closet and see images in my mind, think how easy it would be.

I know you are the secret weapon of the Pancreatitis Support Forum, Maz, don't bother to deny it! I know they are a rowdy lot, but so lovable and entertaining. I can't believe I have been away. I leave for a few months and I am so glad to be back and see all of my friends are still here safe and sound. You did an excellent job, Maz.

Mike, I am still very worried about you. Please keep us updated. Otherwise live wild and free, loving every second of life!
~Sassy

maz

Post by maz » Fri May 26, 2017 9:11 am

Oh I now feel I have to tell my little secret Sassy. I was on holiday for over 5 weeks, with bad internet access for about 3 weeks of that time. I don't normally tell when we go away as usually we have good internet and I can carry on almost as normal. Not this time though and I missed days on end and then couldn't post any replies at times. We arrived home 3 weeks ago. Stu is the secret weapon for sure, here early every morning banning the overnight spammers, then offering advice and help and also keeping his beady eyes on us all. But thank you for the compliment anyway, you cheered my day and made me want to do better.

I want to say a huge thank you to Stu. :D :D :D :D
Marilyn

Shining_Peace

Post by Shining_Peace » Fri May 26, 2017 11:34 am

I agree that Stu is a man of greatness, but Jane will have our heads for admitting as much!!

A hearty cheer for Stu who gives so much and takes so little!!
~Sassy

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat May 27, 2017 12:49 pm

Great to see you back Sassy! And poor you! Mental problems are so hard to deal with but at least you are back to normal (whatever normal is!)

And I will,just this once mind, admit that Stuart is an all round good egg! He does a sterling job with the forum as do all the mods. But please don't tell him I said so.

Hugs

Jane xx

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:29 am

On the theme of multiple pathologies, just thought I'd let you know I've now doubled up on neurological conditions. In addition to the motor neuropathy, I've now developed Parkinson's disease. Change of neuro consultant I think - they all have their fiefdoms in Glasgow.

Makes a change from autoimmune conditions- this is neurodegenerative. My substantia nigra is decaying, so I'm losing Dopamine, apparently. :shock:

It is, of course, treatable, so I will get loosened up and then I'll be able to walk just as far as the motor neuropathy allows. :roll: The downside is this is what will kill me, but not for at least a decade or more, so I suppose there's a fair chance of dying from something else first.

Still, at least I'm a shoo in for full rate mobility PIP. :P

One bonus - THC is great for the tremor, by all accounts. That's my defence, anyway. :D

Sometimes you just can't win.

Bob1955

Post by Bob1955 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:53 am

Sorry to hear that Mike, it seems life attacks you at every oppertunity :cry: multiple pathologies are your domain now :cry: it must be a nightmare having to travel so far, jeez...I complain about having to go to Gartnavel which is about 6 miles :shock: ...I need to stop and think about your situation before i greet about my own... I wish you all the luck needed.

Shining_Peace

Post by Shining_Peace » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:57 am

Oh Mikey, you need to get some better news!!

On that positive note, I am adding that my ulcerative colitis is acting up. I am having cramping more and more often, and I have started some bleeding. Just one more place to have pain and symptoms which are difficult to explain to healthy folks. Now I really have to have a colonoscopy.

Also important to report, my estrogen and progesterone levels are low.

Positive to note, I have met my in-network out-of-pocket maximum has been met. I no longer have to pay for prescriptions or the majority of my health care. I am seriously considering the duct surgery refandy had to replumb my intrahepatic duct into the duodenum. It could save me money and pain in the long-run.
~Sassy

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:07 am

A real bummer, Mike.

Chin up!

:)

PS think of all those forums that you can join. :wink:

maz

Post by maz » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:24 am

Sorry to hear that Mike. You knew there was something, and no doubt thought it could be this.
Marilyn

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:42 am

Bad one Mike! Life is surely a totally bummer at times.

Hugs for you

Jane xxx

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:22 pm

To be honest, it doesn't actually make a great deal of functional difference. Because of the motor neuropathy I'm already set up for disabled living with a stairlift and adapted bathroom, so all I need is the lowest dose of treatment that suppresses the tremor. I don't need higher doses to improve mobility, because the neuropathy already limits that. I'm perfectly used to living with impaired mobility. The only real difference is in stability, so I may need to get/be supplied with a tripod walking stick. Not a big deal.

In the meantime, before treatment starts, I'll take advantage of the automatic willy shaking after a wee. Every cloud.... :D

Mike

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:25 pm

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:43 pm

Mike gets his excitement in the strangest of ways.

:wink:

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:10 am

Just don't loose your sense of humour mike .

Pleased your back with us Sassy and sorry to hear you have another problem to add to the list Mike .
Paul