One of the problems of multiple pathologies...

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!

Re: One of the problems of multiple pathologies...

Post by 26.12.11 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:24 am

I must be lucky I got ESA and PIP at 1st attempt.
I only use my blue badge on bad days, normally going to GP as on bad days it is hard to get out.
Also unless there is lots of free spaces at supermarket disabled parking I go to normal space. I always think a wheelchair user is in more need than me.
I went to hospital yesterday as it was bucketing down with rain, I got Dave to drop me off at back doors as you now cannot get dropped of at front, for some unknown reason. I actually felt good, a half mile trek through corriders and up a flight of stairs, i arrived at reception drenched in sweat and in pain. 9 whole minutes later I was doing return journey. Cannot be accused of wasting time with doctor. Conversation went-
Doc - are you ok
Me - No
Doc - do you normally sweat so much
Me - its a side effect of meds
Doc - hmm, we might have to have a look at that
Me - diabetes consultant is looking in too it
Doc - we need to check some blood test to check
it out. Last time you wanted to talk about cancer, we will have a look at that
I will see you again in 4 months.
Sharon

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:29 am

Nearly as bad as a back to work interview in my old job . Met supervisor walking towards me " Are you alright Paul " Me " Yes " interview done and we never stopped as we passed each other .
Paul

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:31 am

Appalling Sharon! One of local hospitals is so massive they provide porters to push people around in wheelchairs in your circumstances.

It's getting to the point with the size of the car park and the hospital itself, you need to book an appointment before you get ill because it takes you 4 years to get from the car to the consultant. :shock: :shock:

It even has it's own railway station :roll: :roll: .

Hugs

Jane xx

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:43 pm

You only need to worry when the local cemetery has it's own railway station. :shock:

I drive round the hospitals I go to on an electric scooter. 4mph, and you can play human skittles and 'Clip a Zimmer'. Particularly satisfying, that one. Especially in Govan, cos when you do knock their Zimmers away they run after you. :shock:

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:36 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Or the other thought Mike is when the hospital has a direct rail link to the local cemetery :shock: :shock:

Now THAT would be a real worry! :lol: :lol:

Hugs

Jane xx

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:42 pm

One of the old London cemetery's had its own rail link and laid on special trains .
Paul

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:40 pm

Yes Paul. That was the Necropolis railway opened in the 1850s to relieve the strain on London cemeteries. Went to Woking, starting at Waterloo. It closed in 1941.

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:30 am

:shock: :shock: I hope the bodies were in coffins, not just sort of arranged around the carriages like live passengers :shock: :shock: .

Good threat for a naughty child though: "I'll send you on a trip on the Necropolis railway if you don't behave". :shock: :shock:

Hugs

Jane xx

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:05 pm

Imagine at ticket office

" Do you want a single or return "
Paul

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:06 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:18 am

Well, gang, I had a nice surprise yesterday. Got a letter from DWP telling me I have got enhanced rate PIP mobilty. With lots of back pay. I can now get an all terrain mobility scooter using Motability :D

The nice surprise was that I've been awarded standard rate Daily Living PIP, :shock: again with back pay. That was an accident- I didn't apply for it, it's just what the assessor put in her report as to how I cope.

Good job it's tax free :shock:

Anyway, many doors are now open. Don't think of it as your tax payers money, I've paid far more in tax than this will cost in my lifetime (and still do) so I regard this as a tax rebate.

Of course, it's my round :mrgreen:

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:42 am

Nice one Mike!

Hey my friend, don't apologise! If you are entitled to it then you are entitled to it! My feeling is always that genuine people get so little support from the government that if you can get some after working all your life, then go and get it and enjoy it!

My anger comes from the inequity in the system.

When you say an all terrain vehicle-does this mean you can scale Ben Nevis without a Sherpa? :lol: :lol:

Or are you going to get yourself gainful employment by herding sheep around?

Enjoy - mine's a spritzer!

Hugs

Jane xx

oldestrocker

Post by oldestrocker » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:09 pm

MikeyB wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:18 am
Well, gang, I had a nice surprise yesterday. Got a letter from DWP telling me I have got enhanced rate PIP mobilty. With lots of back pay. I can now get an all terrain mobility scooter using Motability :D

The nice surprise was that I've been awarded standard rate Daily Living PIP, :shock: again with back pay. That was an accident- I didn't apply for it, it's just what the assessor put in her report as to how I cope.

Good job it's tax free :shock:

Anyway, many doors are now open. Don't think of it as your tax payers money, I've paid far more in tax than this will cost in my lifetime (and still do) so I regard this as a tax rebate.

Of course, it's my round :mrgreen:
So pleased for you.
It just goes to show that the key, apart from having evidence, is how the assessor deals with assessment. To find that he/she took the time and trouble to look at your care needs in detail amazes me. With what you have said the assessment was fair and honest and presumably was carried out in a two way format.
Good luck with the scooter, just remember how much charge is in the battery - it's all right getting up the mountains, it's getting back home afterwards!!

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Aye, O.R., it was a conversation, and not an inquisition. She asked me about what I needed to function without me needing to volunteer it. That's how it should work. I don't know whether this is just her, or whether it's a different country where the government's mind set is totally different on social care. Doing the best for the disabled and not thinking of them as a drain on society.

oldestrocker

Post by oldestrocker » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:42 pm

MikeyB wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:36 pm
. Doing the best for the disabled and not thinking of them as a drain on society.
You took the words right out of my mouth so to speak.

It is common knowledge that Northern Ireland and Scotland do in fact see things differently than in England when looking after the disabled & sick.
I was only talking to her that must be obeyed over the weekend and she uttered those very words - "it seems that the disabled & sick ARE treated as a drain on society".

There then followed further words of wisdom "maybe when the government realise that when you get too old, disabled and sick you are no longer contributing to the greater good so maybe they might ask if we want to exit this world early in which case they could post a DIY kit to us and maybe in exchange, pay for the funeral!"

I'm watching out for the postman every day from now on!

Incidentally every face to face assessment I have ever had has been an inquisition with closed questions and finishing off my answers for me.