One of the problems of multiple pathologies...

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
oldestrocker

Re: One of the problems of multiple pathologies...

Post by oldestrocker » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:09 pm

MikeyB wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:18 am
Well, gang, I had a nice surprise yesterday. Got a letter from DWP telling me I have got enhanced rate PIP mobilty. With lots of back pay. I can now get an all terrain mobility scooter using Motability :D

The nice surprise was that I've been awarded standard rate Daily Living PIP, :shock: again with back pay. That was an accident- I didn't apply for it, it's just what the assessor put in her report as to how I cope.

Good job it's tax free :shock:

Anyway, many doors are now open. Don't think of it as your tax payers money, I've paid far more in tax than this will cost in my lifetime (and still do) so I regard this as a tax rebate.

Of course, it's my round :mrgreen:
So pleased for you.
It just goes to show that the key, apart from having evidence, is how the assessor deals with assessment. To find that he/she took the time and trouble to look at your care needs in detail amazes me. With what you have said the assessment was fair and honest and presumably was carried out in a two way format.
Good luck with the scooter, just remember how much charge is in the battery - it's all right getting up the mountains, it's getting back home afterwards!!

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Aye, O.R., it was a conversation, and not an inquisition. She asked me about what I needed to function without me needing to volunteer it. That's how it should work. I don't know whether this is just her, or whether it's a different country where the government's mind set is totally different on social care. Doing the best for the disabled and not thinking of them as a drain on society.

oldestrocker

Post by oldestrocker » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:42 pm

MikeyB wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:36 pm
. Doing the best for the disabled and not thinking of them as a drain on society.
You took the words right out of my mouth so to speak.

It is common knowledge that Northern Ireland and Scotland do in fact see things differently than in England when looking after the disabled & sick.
I was only talking to her that must be obeyed over the weekend and she uttered those very words - "it seems that the disabled & sick ARE treated as a drain on society".

There then followed further words of wisdom "maybe when the government realise that when you get too old, disabled and sick you are no longer contributing to the greater good so maybe they might ask if we want to exit this world early in which case they could post a DIY kit to us and maybe in exchange, pay for the funeral!"

I'm watching out for the postman every day from now on!

Incidentally every face to face assessment I have ever had has been an inquisition with closed questions and finishing off my answers for me.

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:09 am

We have paid into the system for years so its payback time , What annoys me is people who fiddle the system when there is nothing wrong with them .
Good for you Mike just one question if you get stuck in mud or it breaks down is there a rescue team as there is for cars .
Paul

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:25 am

It's a chap with a limp, a mobility scooter and a yellow flashing light.

:wink:

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:02 pm

paul.m wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:09 am
We have paid into the system for years so its payback time , What annoys me is people who fiddle the system when there is nothing wrong with them .
Good for you Mike just one question if you get stuck in mud or it breaks down is there a rescue team as there is for cars .
There is indeed a rescue service paid through the Motability service. I was surprised, too :D

paul.m

Post by paul.m » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:25 pm

Could be worse could be a chap with a limp wrist and a red flashing light :lol:
Paul