Today, My Pain Mgmt is Like...

Chat about anything you like... Fed up with the state of the world today? Tell us!
Shining_Peace

Today, My Pain Mgmt is Like...

Post by Shining_Peace » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:05 am

Today, my pain management is like Swiss Cheese...full of holes for my pain to creep through.

At least I am getting closer to trying something different for my breakthrough pain.

~ Sassy
~Sassy

paul m

Re: Today, My Pain Mgmt is Like...

Post by paul m » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:42 am

I hope it works for you
Paul

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:31 am

Fingers crossed for you Sassy. It's such a difficult road, and takes such a lot of time to get right.

Hugs

Jane xx

Love the swiss cheese analogy!

Shining_Peace

Post by Shining_Peace » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Today my pain management is like a politician, full of phony promises, fake smiles, and lies so big you can drive the chronic pancreatitis tank right through them.

I can't reach my psychiatrist and if they don't refill my Cymbalta (Duloxetene) I am going to have a seriously bad week. It's the worst pain medication to come off of in my opinion. But, what do I know??
~Sassy

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:13 pm

Do you have access to any other physician who could top up your supply? As you know, stopping it suddenly can make you feel pretty rough. Won't kill you, but you might wish it would if, and only if, you get the withdrawal symptoms. They don't always happen, but it's best not to find out. Depends on the dose, to an extent.

Fingers crossed, Sassy.

Mike x

Shining_Peace

Post by Shining_Peace » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:58 pm

Mike,

One step ahead, I have a call into my pain management team to take the prescription back over. I am lucky my pharmacy takes good care of me. They gave me 5 days to get this all sorted out.

Today my pain management is great. I just don't eat and there is no pain. Perfect!
~Sassy

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:24 pm

Very pleased to hear.

:)

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:47 pm

Great news, Sassy, :D ,but I hope you don't have to waste away to nothing to keep that devil pain away. Gives the stent a break from duty, I suppose. The best news is that you won't get that horrible week that could have happened. Have a small celebration - jelly bean, maybe? :wink:

Mike x

Shining_Peace

Post by Shining_Peace » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:58 am

No jellybeans, but I did indulge in a luxurious shower with my new fancy soap. I feel very happy with life at the moment, even if my husband is completely unhappy with me right now. My pain levels have gotten better as the evening progressed.

Every few months, I am chauffeured three hours to the stinky, traffic crazy medical center of Texas, Houston. I spend a week with my parents whilst visiting various important doctors. This keeps my medical team on track and usually my medications moving smoothly to my pharmacy.

My husband is usually not horribly upset by this trip, but this is his first week home after his two week business trip. He is not ready to be alone again.

Oh well, we shall see what scary things my docs want to do with me next week.
~Sassy

paul m

Post by paul m » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:16 am

Give your husband a big hug and tell him how much you love him .
Paul

Shining_Peace

Post by Shining_Peace » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:16 pm

Paul,

I do that every day. We also have a nightly ritual that whoever is last in bed has to give the other partner a kiss. After the kids love and good nights are exchanged. Just a sweet little ritual.

~ Sassy
~Sassy

paul m

Post by paul m » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:19 pm

Me and wife do that .
Got a customer both her and her husband were both in late 80s he had a job walking so if he needed the bathroom in night she would get up and help him . One night she helped him back to bed had a kiss & cuddle next morning he had died in his sleep but she was so happy that they had that final kiss & cuddle.
We may have a tough time but so do those that care for us maybe there should be a carers day to celebrate all they do for us .
Paul

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:19 am

Well, Sassy, it's good to match a face to the pain. I'm still trying to find a photo of me that doesn't look like the "do not approach this man" picture section on Crimewatch, and that includes the wedding photos, though this clearly doesn't trouble Stuart. :shock:

Meanwhile, back in the real world, is the visit to the docs next week the men with the knife, or the men with the sublingual Fentanyl in their pockets? Either way, I hope it goes well for you. Don't forget, you are in charge, don't let them exploit the insurance companies' money by planning evil things to do to you. :wink:

Mike x

stuart13

Post by stuart13 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:15 am

:P

Janey Dal

Post by Janey Dal » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:21 am

Fab photo Sassy and sorry to hear you are having such a rough time of it.

Fingers crossed you get some sort of relief next week.

Hugs

Jane xx